November Slim-down: Meal Prep Week 2

Who followed their plans last week? I know we did!

 Why? Because we meal prepped and had all our food ready to go in containers! AKA we had no other choice, because who wants to waste food that they put hard work into making? Not us!

This week, I kept things pretty much the same with my foods, but I incorporated a lot more creative fun (but still amazingly clean) recipes for Johnny.

We both had a lot of fun in the kitchen over the weekend getting our food ready to go for the week and Johnny was amazingly helpful by taking care of the dishes...multiple times lol.




The only downside is...I've been battling an icky cold and I ended up getting a little side tracked with the food photography, oops! I guess that just means I'll have to re-create the meals that I forgot to grab a picture of so I can share the recipes with you all! I did manage to take pictures of the first half of the process at least.


I start cooking in order of meals, so meal 1 is first. Which is awesome because I got to capture one of my favorites from this week's meal prep, the breakfast casserole! It sounds dangerously unhealthy, right? It totally isn't.


 For breakfast, I typically include a carb, a fat, a veggie, and a protein so that we're starting the day out completely balanced. To make sure the portions are correct, I take the amounts for one day (i.e. 3 oz potato, 2/3 cup egg whites, 1 cup veggies, 2 slices reduced fat bacon) and multiply those amounts by the number of days he will be eating the recipe. So since he gets the breakfast casserole 3 days this week, I added 9 oz potatoes, 2 cups egg whites, six slices of bacon, and 3 cups of bell peppers (and some spinach because folic acid FTW).  Make sense?


This recipe is super easy to make and it stays fresh all week! 


Instructions:
  1. Dice & cook the potatoes. I prefer to cook them on the stove-top in PAM with some Pink salt and pepper but you can also roast them in the oven
  2. Spray a baking dish with PAM and add the potatoes. chopped bell peppers, chopped spinach, and reduced fat bacon or turkey bacon. (oscar meyer center cut is only 60 kCal for two slices)
  3. Add spices (I always go for chili powder and garlic powder). 
  4. Top with liquid egg whites
  5. Bake on 425 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked through. (Does anyone actually time their food anymore?)




More recipes will be coming soon! Happy Monday Everyone! 





Comments

Popular Posts