Meal Prep Monday!

It's Monday morning which means you get another opportunity to either start your week off great

Or you can become a victim of the mopey Monday feels...booooring! 


My favorite way to start the week off in the right direction is making sure I have all my meals prepped and ready to go. This way there's no guesswork, no hangriness, and I finish off the week feeling awesome knowing that I made all the right healthy food choices.

Last week I told you guys that I was going to show you two different styles of meal prep and this is style numero uno! It includes some of my favorite healthy recipes and has just a little bit of variety for my man. I did deviate from my original plan just a bit because I don't like to spend more than an hour meal prepping for each of us and this set-up right here took me exactly one hour (plus the time the chili took in the crock-pot, but that doesn't count lol).




So here's what we have:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

Meal 1: Flap Jacked protein pancakes
Meal 2: 1 apple and 1oz of almonds
Meal 3: Turkey Chili
Meal 4: Zucchini noodles and turkey meatballs with reduced sugar tomato sauce
Meal 5: Blueberry Protein Muffins

Tuesday/Thursday
Meal 1: Three hard-boiled eggs and an English muffin
Meal 2: 1 green juice and 1oz almonds
Meal 3: Turkey Chili
Meal 4: Zucchini noodles and turkey meatballs with reduced sugar tomato sauce
Meal 5: My favorite zucchini brownies cooked in donut molds that I found at Hobby Lobby


Recipes for the week:

Turkey Chili





This one is super simple guys, all you have to do is toss the following ingredients into the crock-pot and let them cook overnight on the low setting. 

Ingredients:
1/2 yellow onion
1 can white kidney beans
1 can red kidney beans
2 tomatoes, diced
1 can diced green chilis
1-2 packages lean ground turkey 
1 packet Mrs.Dash Chili seasoning (Target has them online and Lucky's has them in-store)


Turkey Meatballs 

If you guys can't tell, I'm all about simplicity. It's great because it doesn't take a lot of time, and the less ingredients you add, the less calories/junk you put into your body. Stick to simple whole foods and you'll be a whole lot happier, I promise! 


Ingredients:
1-2 packages lean ground turkey
1/3 cup egg whites
3 cups chipped spinach
Tons of Italian seasoning
Crushed red peppers
Himalayan pink salt
pepper

Just mix up all the ingredients, form them into whatever sized balls you prefer, and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes on 425 degrees. You don't have to add the spinach, but it really does help make them stay super moist all week!


I hope you found this helpful, happy prepping! 

Xo, Kelsey

Comments

Popular Posts