The Importance of Healthy Routines

Happy Tuesday Everyone!




I really wanted to share a topic that is very close to my heart and has had a huge impact on my life! It's the importance of building healthy routines. I'm not the kind of person who does well without structure but I also can't have every second scheduled and organized...aka I do best with a balanced life. Sound familiar?

Here's why I think my method is so great: it teaches you structured flexibility! Let's say that you're a Type A person and  you have your whole day planned out in fifteen minute increments, what're you gonna do when something comes up and throws off that schedule?! It could throw off your whole day. Not to mention it can be exhausting planning out every second of every day.

So instead of buying a meticulous calendar and planning out every minute of my day, I came up with a series of daily routines that are somewhat flexible. I live by my routines, and I still do make to-do lists to ensure that I get everything done in my day...it's just not overly micromanaged and allows for life to happen.

A little background on me... I'm a closet procrastinator.When I made the choice to start sticking to routines and getting up earlier, it took a genuine effort. It took time, but now I am in love with my morning routine and couldn't imagine starting out my day any other way! Look, if you're the type of person who snoozes until the last minute, rolls out of bed, rushes through your morning...I FEEL YOU! I was that person for years and it left my entire day slightly less productive and less organized. Successful happy people wake up early, make their beds, and start their days off right because they understand that their morning sets the tone for the whole day!

So now, here's my happy little morning routine that's changed my life: Every morning (weekday or not) I wake up at 5:45 am (more like 7 on the weekends), read a page of a motivational book, go turn on the shower while I make coffee, shower, turn on channel 7 news in the bedroom, get dressed, make my bed, watch the news while I get ready (I give myself 30-45 minutes for my makeup) and 30 minutes for my hair, I finish my coffee, brush my teeth, spray some perfume, and grab my oats & lunch out of the fridge for work. The whole process takes exactly an hour and a half and I always leave the house feeling energized and relaxed (aka not rushing out the door halfway dressed like a crazy person).

The point of that routine is that it all happens, I give myself plenty of time to accomplish it, and it's all stuff that i look forward to! That makes it more fun to get out of bed each morning! I'm excited to read a new page in my book, I LOVE turning on the news to see what's going on. I give myself those little rewards throughout my morning to make it fun and interesting but I give myself TIME. Getting the theme here yet?

The morning is such an important part of each day and really has the power to make or break your attitude and outlook for the next 24 hours! So think of some ways to make your morning more enjoyable and figure out how much time you'll need to leave the house feeling refreshed each morning!

There's plenty of other little routines that I love throughout my day/week, but this one is my absolute favorite and one that I could not imagine living without! If you're someone who's struggling with finding a healthy morning routine or is just bored with whatever you're doing currently then I hope this helps you!!

Comments

Popular Posts