Meal Prep With Me!

Christmas is coming, Christmas is coming!


and that means cute dresses, fun holiday parties, and taking tons of pictures with friends and family, yay!

That also means, time to tighten up these bodies


This is an amazing time that should be filled with amazing memories for everyone. Naturally, we associate all of our experiences with how we feel at a particular moment in time and that can encompass anything from our self-esteem to just feeling really happy about being with a particular set of people.

I am one who is very aware of my physical appearance and if I don't feel comfortable in my skin I avoid getting in pictures, I feel like my cute outfit choices are limited, and I ultimately feel like a little puffer-fish walking around all night! Don't get me wrong, I've always been athletic and while my weight might fluctuate a bit I've never been categorized as "overweight". But still, after two years of competing in the NPC, I know what I am capable of achieving and it makes me happy when I feel that I am in my best shape.

How do I get to my best shape? Easy peasy... write out a diet, write out a lifting split, write out a cardio schedule, and stick to them like your life depends on it! It really is as simple as that, pick a regimen that makes sense and be 100% consistent.


 Everyone has their own style of losing weight; some track macros, some make healthy & interesting meals, some go paleo, some take on the Ketogenic diet, some follow the bro diet, and some try intermittent fasting. Everyone has a strategy, and with consistency, everyone's strategy works eventually.

I have genuine respect for anyone that can get to their physique goals, no matter how they get there but I've always had the most success with a very basic bro-diet. All tilapia, chicken, egg whites, and asparagus for me, but that's what works for me and that's how I tend to succeed.

For the sake of variety, I've thought of an interesting way to incorporate some of the fun 100% healthy recipes in with this season's mini-cut! I will be posting two different prep styles (all completely goal-oriented). For myself, I will be making my typical bro foods and for my boyfriend, I will be incorporating some fun recipes (still using clean ingredients and sticking to the macros I have calculated for him)!

Here are our programs for next week: (recipes and tutorials will follow soon!)







Comments

Popular Posts