Light & Fluffy Protein Cookies

Protein cookies that actually taste good and can be made at home in under 30 minutes? Sign me up puh-lease!


If you've been dieting for a while, you've either 1. been deprived of any sweets except your morning oats for ages orrrrr 2. You've purchased a Lenny and Larry's cookie and been let down by the eraser-like texture in exchange for ridiculously high carbs! And yes, I know, there are other healthy protein cookie companies out there that taste better but they're harder to come by and kinda pricey. Plus, every girl secretly has that urge to get her bake on. AmIRight?!

My point is, sometimes we just need some chewy happy goodness in our lives to maintain sanity and I'm here to give you a healthy option that won't screw over your diet for the day! And if you're a BingeBetty and have a hard time only having just one serving of cookies; by making these at home you can limit the amount you make to fit your macros for that particular meal! Problem SOLVED! Okay, on second thought, add in a little extra to the mixture cause there's no way you're gonna want to share even a bite of your portion with your boyfriend...they're just too good to share, trust me.



So, if you're down with the protein-filled goodness here's what you'll need:

Ingredients: (Makes 12 Cookies)
  • 3/4 Cup Oats
  • 1/2 Cup splenda
  • 1/4 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Splenda
  • 2 Scoops Protein (I used Pro7 from Nutrishop)
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey
  • 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
  • 1 Teaspoon each Baking soda & baking powder
  • Vanilla extract (I always go pretty heavy with this one)
  • Cinnamon (again, I don't measure) 
  • Optional: Dark Chocolate Chips (the Enjoy Life brand are great and so are Lily's from Sprouts/whole foods) 

*In the picture I used regular chocolate chips and Reece's Piece's because these one's were for my boyfriend who isn't strictly dieting at the moment :) 



Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a food processor, combine all dry ingredients
  3. Add in all the wet ingredients
  4. Plop in little circles onto a dusted baking sheet (I dusted mine with buckwheat flour because I had it laying around)
  5. If you want to add the chocolate chips, go ahead and do this now
  6. Bake for 10-12 minutes
  7. Enjoy! You can thank me later 





Does anyone else love taking pictures of the baking process? 


And there ya go; get ready for some pure happiness!

Comments

Popular Posts