Clean BBQ Chicken Pizza

After work last night I came home to find a nice little surprise on my porch; My package from Alterna Sweets came! I was super excited to try these low sugar products (BBQ Sauce and Ketchup).  Usually low/no sugar products tend to taste like chemicals so I was a little nervous but I sampled them both and was really pleased to find that they actually tasted amazing! 


My first thought was to make sweet potato fries and dip them in the Ketchup, but it was a low carb day, so sweet potato fries were out of the question. That's when I decided to try out a low carb version of my favorite BBQ chicken pizza using a cauliflower crust and homemade pizza sauce:


 I try to keep my recipes as simple as possible; in my opinion, the more ingredients/calories I add into one component, the less I get to eat throughout the day. With that being said, here is the recipe:

For the Crust:
1.5 cups of steamed cauliflower
1 egg
1 clove of garlic
Italian seasoning
Pepper

For the Sauce:
6 grape tomatoes
italian seasoning
Garlic powder

Directions:

  1. Blend all ingredients for the crust in your food processor until smooth
  2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
  3. Spread onto a cookie sheet in the shape of a pizza crust
  4. Place crust in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees
  5. Place ingredients for the sauce in the food processor while the crust is cooking
  6. Take crust out of the oven and spread sauce across the top and add desired toppings (I topped mine with a little bit of vegan cheese, 4 ounces of chicken breast, and then drizzled the BBQ sauce over the top)
  7. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes      


Click here to get your own low sugar BBQ Sauce: Alterna Sweets






Thanks for reading!

XO,
Kelsey


Comments

Popular Posts